1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things you see that blow your mind: The restaurant edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I worked at a pizza place when I was in high school, sort of a Chuck E Cheese rip-off. Near the end of one night, I saw another guy about my age pulling a bucket of sauce from the back to the front.

The sauce came in like 20 gallon buckets. He dropped one, the lid came off, and 20 gallons of sauce started to spread across the kitchen floor. The dirty-ass kitchen floor.

He looks up at me, says "Oh shit," grabs a ladle and starts frantically scraping the sauce back into the drum. I was the only witness to this. I didn't say anything to anybody. And sometimes, I STILL can't sleep at night.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Not big on buffets myself, but Mandarin kicks some ass. The Goose is my kind of fine dining. Never like places that had the menu outside the door.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

One of the greatest threads in the history of this board was about Worst Chain Restaurants. It got to five pages in like 20 minutes. Unreal.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My first job was a bus boy at the greatest Chinese restaurant. It was fantastic.

I shared bussing duties with a wrestler at my high school. Great guy, but a pig. He would scarf down left behind to-go boxes, and he would eat portions of food that were untouched off of peoples' plates after they had left.

The food was good, but man, that was taking to to an extreme.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/54763/

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm talking about one way older than that that got lost in one of the meltdowns.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I've been a good boy and have been having salads for lunch for the past few months, but I've been known to load up on those things when I'm not eating healthy. Some of the meat might be 80% fat. The chicken wings are all breading. And heaven help the people who eat the fish.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I always make it a point to cough loudly into my hand before I handle any buffet bar utensils.

Enjoy your lunch!

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Picking your nose is better.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

I'm never eating again.

Good God.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I love the zoning laws in our town. One of the local Chinese buffets in our neighborhood is located next to a veterinarian's office. Drove by another Chinese buffet up the road the other day, and there was another vet's office that had opened up next to it.
    I'm wary.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Unhygienic handlng of food in restaurants is the reason the human species went extinct.

Draft saved Draft deleted