1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

things you heard as a kid that scared the bejeezus out of you but no one knew

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Amy, Sep 3, 2012.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

When I was little, I saw this special called "In Search of Ancient Astronauts," which went into Erich Van Daniken's theory that aliens visited earth in ancient times. One of the cave images they used to illustrate the theory creeped the living crap out of me -- gave me nightmares:

[​IMG]

Also, the opening to The Outer Limits:

When I was 5 or 6 years old, this used to scare the shit out of me. I would get up and change the channel just to make sure I still could.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The theme song to Unsolved Mysteries and Robert Stack's creepy mortician act on the show freaked me out as a kid. Conversely, Rescue 911's theme song and William Shatner were awesome.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Doesn't really count, but I can't pass one of those woodchippers you see arborists use and not get a chill thinking that would be an awful way to go.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

Same here, I hate those fucking things. Especially if they get in the house or, god forbid, the car. A whole nest of 'em, ugh.

6. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

For some reason, this seems reasonable to me.

7. dieditor

dieditor Member

I jumped on this thread specifically to post about this. I watched it about a year ago on YouTube, specifically the part about the Arab attack on New York. The special effects are comical, but if you want to take the 9/11 road, it's still a little creepy.

8. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Outer Limits scared me, too. The really weird thing is that I remember two episodes that don't exist.

The show that really scared the crap out of me was Andy Devine and his sidekick, Froggy.

I may have only been 3 when it was on but I knew there was something very wrong about a frog being told to pluck his magic twanger in public.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This guy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted