1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things you do that other people think are weird

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 11, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I have little fidgets and they dont at all indicate that I'm nervous; I just have them. And I give the time precisely (8:29, not 8:30, for example)

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Long heard of the shoes-on-beds rule, but never hats. Interesting.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I could go on for ages about my weirdities with shoes.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Don't hate Ranch, but am bothered to the point of distraction by restaurants that bring out new "buffalo-wing" style products... but don't offer bleu cheese dipping sauce, only Ranch. Gets me irrationally pissed off. It's like making a banana split and topping it off with barbecue sauce, in my book - just incongruous.

I do the closed captioning thing, too. Started when I was a kid trying to watch TV with two yammering sisters and parents who would talk throughout a whole show (and bitch in the last 10 minutes that they don't understand what's going on). And though I've lived alone for the better part of 15 years, I still watch everything with CC on.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I'm obsessive-compulsive about being obsessive-compulsive. If I find myself doing the same routine or putting things in the same order — things have to be in some sort of order — I purposely change the order or the routine. Once I know I have a routine, it has to be changed. I've counted eight different ways that I've driven to work, and I live on the same street as the office, only 12 blocks away.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Damn, I thought I was the only one. Actually, I only do it for the homemade tacos that were made by my mom, and now by my dad. I just did it since I was a kid and always liked it. I won't do it with the tacos I get from Taco Bell or hole-in-the-wall taco shops.

I also alphabetize my CDs, with the ones by the same band in chronological order. It's the only thing in my room that's the least bit organized.

Oh, and Rick, I do eat my pizza with a fork sometimes, usually if I'm in a restaurant and don't want to look like a total pig.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My brother-in-law is 31 and has never tasted a condiment. No ketchup, no mustard, no mayo, no relish. He also had never had a taco until I practically held him down and forced him to eat one. For the record, he liked it. I once offered him $20 to eat a spoonful of ketchup and he couldn't do it.

He grew up in the sticks and ate the same thing almost every day of his life. Captain Crunch for breakfast, PB&J or grilled cheese for lunch and Macaroni and Cheese, Ramen or Raviolis for dinner. I would estimate he sticks to that diet six out of seven days, even today.

8. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I thought divulging the organization of the books on my shelf was a bit much.

:)

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

HH, that is great stuff.

I was going to tell you I quoted your post but switched two letters, but I am not that mean. :)

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The story, as my parents tell it, is that when I was 3, my dad poured tabasco on his taco. I reached out for the tabasco and was told I couldn't have it. I then got up, went to the fridge, got ketchup out and put it on my tacos and have been doing that for the next 33+ years.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I don't eat one thing at a time, but I always save one piece of the main course for last.

For example, if I'm eating shrimp, I'll push one to the side so it can be the last bite.

I'll eat the rice and veggie and other shrimps, but the chosen one will be the last thing I taste.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Nothing weird about it. That's how it's supposed to be. :)

My wife things the way I eat baked potatoes is weird. I like to scoop out all of the potato (I eat the skins separately) and flatten it on the plate, like a hockey rink, and put butter, ranch dressing and bacon bits on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted