1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things you do that other people think are weird

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A1 on a baked potato is excellent. I don't use it on steak but I use it on my potato

I've been told that eating all of one food before moving on to another is weird. I never really thought so. That's just how I eat.

I like dogs more than I like people. I don't think that's weird.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's not weird at all.
    Getting poked with a pointy stick is better than people.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I use a fingernail clippers to snip dead skin off the very front inside part of my top lip. Gotta have pretty good light to get a good cut and avoid snipping the actual lip, so sometimes the mirror in the car works best.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Where do I start? I'm obsessive-compulsive.

• Whenever someone is talking, I take what they say and come up with a song for it.
    For instance, if someone says, "I've got to be leaving now." I'll chime in with an a capella rendition of Asia's "Only Time Will Tell" ("You're leaving now ... it's in your eyes ...)
    • I search forever looking for a right sock to match the left sock. (Once you've worn a new pair, your foot makes it right or left)
    • I almost always order the exact same thing at a restaurant. Why risk trying something you don't like when you know there's a tried-and-true meal on the menu?
    • I can't take my eyes away from the lights when some idiot approaches me with their brights on.
    • My eyes travel around the loop of brake lights on the car in front of me (left brake, window brake, right brake) ad nauseam.
    The same thing happens when I'm stopped at a traffic signal.
    • I refuse to step on a foul line when entering or exiting a baseball or softball field.
    • I come unglued if someone rearranges the things on my desk or takes one of my pens (1 blue, 1 red). If they leave crap on my desk (soda can, coffee cup), they're history.
    • I like to watch my favorite movies with closed caption on, so I can pick up lines when I didn't catch what they said.
    • Popping pimples is very relaxing. Hell, I'm 46 and still get pimples -- everywhere.
    • I like to mix my corn and mashed potatoes together. Stuffing and mashed potatoes works well, too.
    • I sniff everything I pick up, and if it has a displeasing odor, I have to wash my hands.
    • I insist on wearing baseball pants and sliding pants when I play softball (had to retire, though). I used to freak when someone would play in blue jeans.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My dad threw a Whopper at a poor girl standing behind the counter circa 1978 for this very reason. He didn't like them either, but he also never told her plain. :)

6. 93Devil

Compartmentalized eating. I'm sure you have heard that before, and it is not that weird. Do you allow food to touch?

7. 93Devil

Everyone loves their own brand.

8. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Mine are also.

Once, while visiting a friend, I alphabetized his DVD collection when he was in the bathroom.

Oh, the books on my bookshelf are arranged according to height. Largest to smallest.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is it weird that I think some people share TOO much (not you Bodie)?

Really, gang, zits? Some stuff you just need to keep to yourselves.

10. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I talk to myself all the time. Sometimes it turns into yelling.

I constantly chew and eat my fingernails.

I baby talk my dogs and give them nicknames.

I make up songs in the shower and in the car.

11. 93Devil

You mean the stuff that is not so weird? Trust me, I'm sure there is internal editing going on here.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I only found out last week that people think this is weird; I've been given a lot of grief from coworkers ever since:

If I have soup, I must have milk to drink.

I don't think that's weird.

Draft saved Draft deleted