1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things you do that other people think are weird

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 11, 2010.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Eat pizza with a fork.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I do as well. Makes it last longer. I can wolf three slices down in a minute or enjoy it longer with the fork and knife.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Like, Chef, I've been known to dabble in self-surgery. Have:
    • Burned a wart off my knee with a soldering iron (not much different that what a doc would've done, sans the local).
    • Excised a marble-sized cyst from my shoulder via Xacto blade. Hurt like hell, but got the job done. Kinda neat, too, when I got it out in one piece. Kinda sick, too.
    • Various self-sewn stitches.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Clorox worked great on a wart for me. (Although I'd urge caution and take into account the location of the wart if you decide to try this at home kids.)

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

During a stretch (fortunately, a short one) when I only had emergency health insurance, I had the option of paying $700 to fix an ingrown toenail or cut it out myself. I sat on the phone with my cousin, who is a doctor and he instructed me how to do it with an exacto knife.

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Don't like ketchup or mustard on hot dogs.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I don't think that's too weird - have done it myself. But my mother-in-law eats pizza crust-first which is definitely weird as far as I am concerned. She also got my wife into the unseemly habit of putting ketchup on french toast. We all know ketchup only goes on fries and hamburgers. I put Tabasco - or any other available hot sauce - on damn near everything.

8. Mizzougrad96

There are very few foods that aren't improved with tabasco. I grew up with a kid who put it on apples.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I certainly talk to myself a lot. This isn't an age thing -- I've always done it.

The little quirky things I do in my daily routine are far too numerous to mention. I shave with an electric razor and then clean up with a manual one, but I suspect I'm not alone.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

If I have a soda with ice, I rinse the ice before putting the soda in. My buddy said to try in because it makes it taste better. I like it because it reduces the carbonation.
    I also won't mismatch my socks and shoe brands, if they're competing companies. I won't wear Nikes with adidas socks or even an adidas shirt. When I golf, my brands have to match, which drives me nuts because I have a Nike glove and adidas shoes.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I've eaten every apple the same since I was about 7. I bite around the middle, removing all the skin. So now the red's on top and the bottom and white in between. Then I eat off the skin on the top. Then finally the bottom. I then take small bites to finish the apple off. But if I ever take too big of a bite and see a seed, I stop eating it and can't continue. By the time I'm done - if I've done it correctly - there's almost nothing left of the apple, yet there still won't be a visible seed.

12. Mizzougrad96

I've seen people do that with ice to get rid of freezer burn or whatever that crap is that gets on the ice when it's been in the freezer for a couple weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted