1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things, to Your Great Astonishment, You Discovered You Liked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3OctaveFart, Aug 19, 2012.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Sweet baby Tebow. Wine went into my nose because I stopped myself from spitting on on my laptop. Bravo.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Guiness -- I was always scared by how dark it was. I liked amber ales and lagers. The fact I couldn't see through it scarred me off. Until I finally tried it about three years ago and it was like I was seeing for the very first time. I have since expanded my tastes into all realms of the beer world.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Brussel sprouts are awesome if pan-fried, particularly in bacon fat. My mom would boil them.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hell, fiberglass would be awesome if you pan-fried it in bacon fat.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sleeping naked.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My CSA has provided us with figs the past three weeks. Good lord are they good. I hear you on the garden, though mine hasn't done too well this summer. I still enjoy it.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nice call on guacamole. I wouldn't touch the stuff until about three years ago. It was accidentally put in a burrito and I discovered I liked it. It's really, really good for you too which is a nice bonus...

8. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

It certainly does.

9. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

The Full Monty movie.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Same here. We've done it the last two years and it's 100% more fun. Take a little longer, but it's worth it, I think.

11. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I just barfed.

12. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

I had to screw around to get results- I top-dressed with some compost and then mulched with grass clippings.
    We haven't had the most suitable summer for figs, regrettably.
    Gardening is an art but growing figs takes that to another level. Takes some patience.
    Good resources are Garden Web Fig Forum (http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/fig/) and Figs4Fun. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted