1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things to Do in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mayfly, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Can we please get this thread back on track...thanks!

2. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

It is at least 45 miles from the state line to downtown Milwaukee and it takes at least 40 minutes.

Mayfly.. if you are driving, watch your speed on I-94 in Kenosha and Racine counties (right over the border from Illinois)... don't go more than five miles over.. I drive that route often and there is rarely a time when I don't see multiple cars pulled over.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Webby's right about this one in terms of watching your speed. Also, are the Wisconsin state troopers still using unmarked Camaros?

4. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I've never seen unmarked cars since I've been here... they just hide out by the overpasses and you don't see 'em until you are right on top of them. By then it's way too late.

5. boots

boots New Member

I recently did a run from Chicago to Milwaukee and back. Straight run, no problems, but did see undercover troopers in either a Dodge Avenger or Charger on the Wisconsin sides of the trip. Let's be careful out there.

6. The Shocker

The Shocker Member

Skip the motel and sleep in your car. Try and find a spot around 10th & Keefe.

4th & 26

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Seriously, I'd drive the 60 miles or so to Chicago.

It would be time well spent.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My bad. You called them rough.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Is this being sarcastic or is this a good place to hang out?

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Stay the fuck away from 10th & Keefe.

11. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

That's uber-sarcasm. that whole area is turning into a war zone. If you read the JS, there are several shooting a night in that neighborhood. I wouldn't go there in broad daylight.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If you have one night in Milwaukee, go here.

Sure, it's cheesy. Sure, the food's not that great. Sure, there are plenty of great restaurants all over town. But you know what? There are plenty of restaurants in whatever town you'll be in the next night, too. But there won't be a Safe House.

I bet it's been about 12 years since I went there and it remains one of my Top 5 memorable restaurants.

Draft saved Draft deleted