1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things to do in Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I hear there's a radio station that's really cool, although it doesn't have a format. R&B slow jams at night, hard rock in the morning, talk during the day ... it's like some progressive wannabe hippie is programming that thing.

2. Yea ... a bunch of women will want to go a chili place and then out for ribs.

3. My wife and her friends already have a room and a trip planned.
    The wife is looking for good local places to shop - clothes and crap - and eat.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Just a thought, Orville. Tear it up. ;)

And Skyline and Montgomery have other things besides chili and ribs. There's a great place called Terry's Turf Club on the east edge of Cincy that has fantastic burgers.

Lot of good thoughts here.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yep.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nothing like saying "you should assume my wife only like finger foods and water." My friends and I would totally go to Skyline and/or Montgomery Inn, and for you to basically say "How stupid to think a woman would want to eat food with actual fat content" is rude and condescending.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I've heard that Skyline Chili actually sucks.
    And I heard this from my friends in Cincinnati.

Having been to Cincinnati more than once, I think the best thing you can do after landing in Cincinnati is to take the next plane out to New York.

You know something's up when the locals tell you the best places in Cincy are in Covington. ... Across the bridge. ... In Kentucky.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Meh. There's two types of people in Cincinnati. Skyline People and Gold Star People.

Gold Star People suck. Skyline is the right choice, especially if you go to the one in Ludlow.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Fascinatingly enough, taste is a matter of taste. But the three longtime Cincinnati residents I know all swear by it and bring me a can or two whenever they visit. I like it as a change of pace from my preferred spicy chili. I've only had it from the can and never had it on pasta, though.

10. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=79

The Cincinnati Zoo is always solid, if you like that. There are museums, including one for the underground railroad that gets good reviews.

I assume your wife and friends are capable of using teh google, though, and can find some things that interest them all.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Amen.

Also, Orville, I love your Freudian slip in the OP.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted