1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things That Should Not Be Purple

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Nov 19, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Gotcha. That's going to be weird, for sure, putting a coffin-corner punt out at the one, then having to march everyone 99 yards the other way. Game could run long.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The winners are the folks in the rooftops across the street, catching field goals in their beer cups.

[​IMG]

And can we take a moment to remember how great Wrigley Field is WITHOUT the advertising all over the ivy (or the fake photographic ivy, in this case).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Wrigley when the Bears played there. No clue why they didn't try to recreate this.

[​IMG]

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

New York Times story says they have luxury boxes on the third-base side that makes that configuration untenable, I believe.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Cubbies get beaten more often than Whoopi Goldberg's character in The Color Purple.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can't they just fly the alien Soldier Field addition over the Wrigley Field and land it there for the day?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They can use the end zone for something like that. But where they were worried were passes in the end zone and receivers and DBs crashing into the wall. Although, if it's not a concern of right fielders crashing in there while chasing fly balls, I don't know why they're worried that football players in helmet and pads are crashing in there.

And, like spike said, if I had paid full price for those east end zone tickets, I'd be a little pissed. They paid to see a whole game, not half a game.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ah....the return of Losers Walk.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that's usually sort of a pale blue.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Big Ten should simply order NW to play the game at Ryan Field, which has a larger capacity than Wrigley.

As far as how much it will cost NW and how much of a ticket clusterfuck would result, the answer is, "tough shit. It was your great idea. You had 6-8 months to figure out how to do it right. You fucked it up, so let us reiterate: tough shit. Do it, or forfeit."

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Northwestern must not be a very good engineering school.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I can't walk away from this thread without doing what's expected of me:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted