1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that make you feel old

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I look like an old man, so it's even. My college love still looks great, just older.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It is comforting that some of my old flames/crushes are still hot.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Some of my son's high school teachers were athletes I wrote about when they were in high school. They are all in their mid-40s now

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was interviewing a group of 30ish women and one was taking the lead. I joked that she was Gladys Knight and her friends were the Pips and they had no idea what I was talking about.

5. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Makes me feel old when I realize I am now well into the last of the three stages of man: Youth, middle age, and "You haven't changed a bit."

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Steak Snabler likes this.
  6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Maybe not as bad, but a few years ago I spotted one high school athlete I covered in an over 30 basketball league at my gym. For some reason that started to hit home on the oldness scale. Then last spring a star high school athlete, one who won the paper's county athlete of the year and whom I got to write that very feature on, was in a parent-tot swim class that my youngest was taking part in. Just kind of weird. Also weird is both were athletes in a different state and city than I am in now, although not that far away.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

As much as I want my first ex to have turned into a strung out meth head, she hasn't. It is with great disappointment that I report she's still hot.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

My youngest daughter, born in 2000, has a driver's license.

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Kids the same age as Flyette have aged out of the league I work in.

This year we are watching those born in 2001, 21 years after I graduated from HS. Shoot me now.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Was out of sports for 10 years before getting back in in 2008. The realization that a lot of the girls taking babies to games were not babysitting.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That was the first CD I ever bought. Bought it in the 5th or 6th grade.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Testify, my brother. Ran into a couple of guys I worked with in junior at the World Cup of Hockey. Still can't believe Brent Burns is 31, man, that makes me feel fucking old! This year was Huggy Jr's draft year!

Draft saved Draft deleted