1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that make you feel old

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 12, 2016.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

PLA_ BO_

Chef2 likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What was that one fucking prize they all wound up taking when their money was about exhausted? Every fucking show.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There was always, like, a $400 ceramic Dalmatian. Then they would take the rest on a gift certificate.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Or you could "Take it on account" thus rolling it over on the hope that you'd win another puzzle and could spend the leftovers on that prize room. If you didn't win another puzzle though... poof. Your "on account" money went bye bye.

Thus the gift certificate every fucking single time. Except for the rare moron. Keep in mind, back in those days there were only three puzzles and then the final one.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

All the guys you considered March Madness legends now show up in the stands as "dad of a player."

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

QYFW likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I liked it best when you looked at a room and spent the money on individual items and then when your balance got below the lowest-priced item, they'd put the remainder on a gift certificate.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

All the guys I remember watching as a high school and college student are now color analysts with gray hair.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I've got to watch more Family Guy.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That feeling when you're cranking OutKast on a road trip and your teen gives that subtle "oldies music" eye roll.

bigpern23 and I Should Coco like this.
  12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Or when they play DMX on the "Old School" hip hop station. "That's not old school. That's what they played at the club when I was in...goddammit."

bigpern23 and dixiehack like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted