1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that make you feel old

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My 19 year old nephew just gave me his hand me down snow boots because he outgrew them.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Getting ready for my first (and hopefully only) colonoscopy .... my present from my doc for turning 50 last month.... "the prep" sucks.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

But after the prep, you've got to admit you feel pretty damned "cleansed" right?

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I had a direct family link to colo-rectal cancer, and had to do that earlier than most.
    I think I've got next installment approaching soon. Gotta be close to 10 years now.
    I think maybe '08 was round one.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I did a colonoscopy at 50 and the prep was much worse than the actual procedure. I was out and don't remember any of it.

But I had to have a biopsy last year, where they inserted a probe and snipped samples and that was much worse. A) I was awake for it and B) the recovery was much worse. Fortunately, the test came back clean.

6. Matt1735

Definitely not my typical full-of-shit self, that's for sure

7. LionBashar

LionBashar New Member

When I remember about the future. What is going to happen. That really make me sad.

8. LionBashar

LionBashar New Member

Run the snow boots now. :)

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Knowing that I'll be 60 when my older daughter turns 20 -- and 65 when my younger daughter turns 20.

I had a lot of fun in my 20s and 30s, with exciting, passionate relationships with beautiful women between my bouts of singledom. When possible, I traveled where and when I wanted. I drank a fucking river and a half. There are days I miss those times because family life has it miseries -- and all I want is to get away from my wife and kids and just do whatever I want. But those moments are fleeting. Those moments are fleeting.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Buck and typefitter like this.
  10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

My Colon

What makes me feel old? That thread is 10 years old.

11. Matt1735

Just looked back at that thread... if it's been 10 years, time for the encore?

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

No joke, seeing the date made me think so.

Draft saved Draft deleted