1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that make you feel old

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 12, 2016.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Glad you're still going. That's all we can do -- keep moving forward.

Tweener and OscarMadison like this.
  2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

You're right. And thanks. I'm glad to be going more often than than not. Hope you're feeling the same way. Truth is, my grand cosmic balance sheet shows things are pretty good. Feeling old because of ambient cultural shifts and changes is actually something not all of us are lucky enough to experience. I'm bemused by nine-year-olds wearing replica Ramones concert tees. In the grander scheme of things, it's an auspicious sign that we as a people stuck around long enough to see our touchstones turned into camp a generation or two down the line.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ugh. That doesn't make me feel old. It makes me believe there are a LOT of morons in this country. We are doomed.

Tweener likes this.
  5. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I often recall some of my most vivid childhood/teenage memories, and in most of them my parents are younger than I am now. Most of those memories don't feel so distant until I consuder that.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A mention of Home Alone on another thread reminded me that my wife and I now slightly older than Catherine O'Hara was when she played Kevin's mom. For a movie that was a big part of Christmas as a kid, that was a sobering realization.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's not possible. That would mean she was, like, 6 when she recorded "A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow."

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

She's always been a 6.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. That was more a matter of twits tweeting their ignorance than our age.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Those tweets about Kanye are gold. Makes me think of Obi Wan Kenobi saying, "Who is more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows the fool?" Hope that's the correct quote, didn't look it up.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't know who this Amadeus guy is, but Falco gonna make him a star. [/tweetsfrom1985]

HC likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Close. "Who is more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Draft saved Draft deleted