1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My wife is the same way. It doesn't help that she wears ear plugs to bed since I snore.
    One night, about 2 a.m., the smoke alarm went off and I jumped up to see what the deal was. I'd started the dishwasher right before bed and a plastic dog food cap got knocked out of the rack and onto the heating element. It was melting and sent out enough smoke to set off the alarm.
    It took me a good five minutes to deduce this. Wife slept through at least the first 2-3 minutes of it when the alarm was blaring at about 150 db.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My wife would sleep through a plane crash.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Would you wake her up? "Honey, watch this!"

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Looks like my iPad is starting to die, and it's only two years old. Fuck you, Apple.

You pay $600 for a tablet, you should at least get four or five years out of it.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

'A small, close-knit community'

Soggy old cliche that won't die. Most any neighborhood will call itself "a small, close-knit community."

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We used to play bingo in the newsroom with the local Fox newscast. "I'd never imagine something like that happening here" is another one. The truth is crime tends to happen in terrible neighborhoods and to people who either struggle to get by, have made some bad life choices, or both. People interviewed by TV people tend to say the things they hear other people say in those situations, and in some cases - the reporter will try to tee that quote up to give everyone watching a greater sense of fear, and something to lead the newscast with.

7. My golf buddy mentioned this last night; How "Dilly, Dilly" was his own personal Pit of Misery.
    I spent an hour last night getting Dilly Dilly set into my phone as a ringtone for texts messages for our golf outing next month.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You are EVIL.

Remember he will have a bag full of weapons...

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

We have a new ad rep who's a smoker, so now every time he comes back into the office after one of his many breaks the whole place smells like a cigarette.

Not to mention that the parking lot is full of butts now. That's another irk, people who drink 10 sodas a day don't just drop the can where they finish it, why do smokers think it's OK to drop their butts wherever they want?

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I might. I think it depends on the specifics of the crash.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I bet the rain never dampens their spirits.

Slacker likes this.
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

how about a large, close-knit community

Or a small, loosely knit or completely unknitted community?

Draft saved Draft deleted