1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Trying to order pizza/pizzas with a group of 3 people or more.
    JFC, it's easier to achieve peace in the Middle East than it is to get a decent pizza (something other just a pepperoni) with any group of people.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A lot of hotels, especially in tropical touristy places (I think Key West is ground zero for it) are getting in on that racket as well. The room will cost you $199, and then there's a $50 per day "resort fee" that you can't opt out of that gives you access to things like the nearby beach or recreational areas of the hotel. If you want to do something like parasail or get a massage you still have to pay extra for it. The resort fee just lets you get into those areas, whether you intend to use them or not.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

The only extra fee I have paid at Motel 6 is a quarter to turn on the TV.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Las Vegas hotels do that too and most of the added items (daily paper, access to the gym, free wifi) are things you don't want to use or can work around.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You don't splurge and drop an extra quarter for the "Magic Fingers" on the bed?

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I did that for myself once, and then did it several more times over the years for roadmates after that, just to wake them up. Funny what a fake earthquake does to people in deep sleep :)

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm now extremely disappointed I never got the opportunity to do this in college when I still shared hotels with people other than my wife now.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I remember when we took family road trips and stayed at Motel 6 to save money, my mom would occasionally let me drop a quarter in there for shits and giggles. Looking back, maybe that was less a way to shut me up with a cheap laugh than it was for her to ... ummm ... relax.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Irked that the light switches in my house only go to the "on" position because my wife and kids never met a light that wasn't better to be on than off in an empty room.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Dilly Dilly.

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Parents are hard of hearing and have had a few scares where they did not hear the smoke detector. Like once, I was working in the yard about 60 yards away and I heard it, but they did not. My sister got this smoke detector thing that vibrates the bed, flashes a light and says, "Fire! Fire!" in deep voice.

Went off. Scared the bejesus out of the two little dogs. Mother slept through it.

Batman and SpeedTchr like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted