1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

‘Pro Wrestling’ is irksome. It’s not a competition. It’s the real housewives of a shitty trailer park

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Worse than wrestling is the numerous major online publications that cover it — everyone from Rolling Stone and GQ to The Ringer.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"On accident". You didn't do it on accident, you did it by accident, you ignoramus.

swingline and HC like this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is right along with my feelings about cheerleading being a sport. If you are entertainment during a sport, you cannot be a sport. If you have competitions, call it something else because a) you need to be different from a side show and b) your competitions are not what you actually do during football and basketball games. Judges don't grade on how much spirit they are left with following a routine.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Paper cuts, and particular ones in particularly bad locations.

6. The liberal misuse of "literally."

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Like.

As in, people who insert the word "like" into sentences all over the damn place.

"We, like, went to the movie last night, and I was, like, literally, dying laughing."

Small group from church met at our house the last few weeks. The guy who was leading the discussion, early 30s, college and seminary graduate, used the word "like" in, like, every other sentence. He sounded like a teenage girl.

Ugh.

OscarMadison, Matt1735 and SpeedTchr like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

They don't make a bris like they used to do. Sad!

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Teed that one up for someone to hit!

The cut was to the skin right next to a fingernail, near the base of the nail. Bled like a stuck pig. And the cut basically created a hangnail that kept opening up.

Happened at 3 AM, no bandaid, and I was afraid I'd bleed all over the hotel sheets as I got back to sleep. Wrapped it up in some tissue and a hand towel. Nasty.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Use of "AF" to emphasize something. Adidas did this recently for a women's campaign, and it was ridiculous.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I knew the only proper response to this post...

Flip Wilson likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't think there are very many people who consider pro wrestling an actual sport anymore. The curtain has been pulled back on that for a long, long time.

Draft saved Draft deleted