1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what more than irks me. It really pisses me the fuck off.

WARNING: Rant in progress ... proceed with caution.

These fuckin' athletes make millions and millions of dollars. Hand over fist. They're rakin' it in by the truckloads.

But they -- and especially their teams -- have the gall to come out with "charities" and "auctions" with proceeds going to "charity."

Listen, motherfuckers. I had to scrimp and save just to go to your fucking game. I paid $25 just to park my CAR in your fuckin' LOT. My hot dog cost me $6 and it was shriveled the fuck up. The drink cost more than that. If you think I can afford to rake out more money to purchase your signature on anything, as you donate your fuckin' TIME to some charity, get the fuck over yourself. Dip your pine-tarred little hand into your own fuckin' wallet and GIVE your so-called CHARITY some of YOUR hard-earned money, you butt-fuck. Because I don't have anymore. I spent mine watching you strike the fuck out three times with men on base.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It has become the common usage.
    It's just not correct math.

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You can certainly go with that, but my three friends Oxford, Cambridge and Merriam Webster disagree with you, cordially.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

People who eat pizza crust first

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

"Would you like to donate a dollar to..."

I went to six stores yesterday, and got asked that at four. I feel bad for being irked by that, but it's getting a little too commonplace.

HandsomeHarley and dixiehack like this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

In my town, every grocery store has kids raising money for something. I know that it's typically for good causes, but it would be nice not to get a guilt trip 3 times a weekend.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Even worse, when they ask for your phone number because they want it for marketing purposes. The first couple of times it happened, they would just ask for the number
    without saying the reason unless asked. Now, usually, they tell you. I'd imagine that's because they had too many customers think the clerk was asking them out.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And 10 minutes later, they become my least favorite person --- the one who won't walk 15 feet to put his or her shopping cart in the rack, but instead leave it blocking a parking space.

Tweener likes this.
  10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Did it become the common usage or was it always the intended usage?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

People who constantly whine about "these kids today..."

OscarMadison, SFIND and HC like this.
  12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

A "game" is a team sports metric that awards a half-game in the standings per win.

Draft saved Draft deleted