1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I have no problem with embedding the actual tweet somewhere in the story after you've already quoted it. But I have a low threshold for how many tweets in a story are too many. Just writing a pithy lede about the topic du jour and then listing 10 tweets about it? No. Stop it. But simply confirming the existence of the tweet by embedding it? A strange thing to complain about, in my humble opinion. For one thing, you can see how my likes and retweets it's had. It's not a lot, but it's new information. Also, it makes it easier for the reason to engage with it if they want to.

As far as tweets about TV shows or other entertainment embedded in a piece online, or even referenced on a TV show about a TV show, I generally have zero problem with it, and I was the last kid on my block to get on Twitter.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Hot dogs.

NOT food.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

But what about a hot dog covered in delicious tater tot hot dish?

Outta Control: The MPLS Dog

4. SpeedTchr

It's the actual thing inside the bun that repels me.

5. Machine Head

Wait.

The hot dog or the tater tot hot dish?

6. SpeedTchr

The hot dog. The other thing looks intriguing.

7. Machine Head

Oh, thank goodness.

Otherwise to defend the honor of the state of Minnesota I'd have to hunt you down.

8. SpeedTchr

With all the time I spent in and around Minnesota, I can't believe I was never offered that dish.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

"Hot dish" :)

That thing looks awesome ... and will boost sales of Spray-and-Wash throughout Gopher-land!

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

When people ruin a good thread, even after you politely ask them a couple of times not to.

SnarkShark likes this.
  11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

You are eating bad hot dogs. A hot dog is a type of sausage. It tends to be commercially produced cheaply and cooked poorly, but a good hot dog can be just as good as any other sausage you would eat.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I like hot dogs. They do not irk me.
    When people put ketchup on them, that irks and repulses me.

SnarkShark likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted