1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

NJ tomatoes and blueberries are amazing. Only time I eat either is when they're in season here in the northeast.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Also best for corn - NJ Silver Queen, one of the under-appreciated joys of a Jersey summer.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'm going to Great Adventure in southern Jersey on Saturday with my gf and her nephews. Gonna insist we eat out afterwards and will have to sample some corn, tomatoes and blueberries.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You are in for a treat. All three of those are NJ ag at it's best.
    Hit up a local produce stand or farmers' market. I haven't been to Toms River in more than 20 years, but there have to be plenty from which to choose.

CD Boogie likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Cleaning out a toilet auger. My God.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Been there and done that.

As a favor at a friend's house. There were several people over having fun, and sometimes directing comments toward me, and I was like, hey guys, this is NOT MY SHIT I am digging through. Shut up and let me finish.

Shitheads.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You were cleaning someone else's toilet pipe while other people were in the house enjoying leisure time and mocking you?
    Did you lose a bet?
    Was indentured servitude the only way out of debtor's prison?

dixiehack and Vombatus like this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Someone lent him a computer

dixiehack and Vombatus like this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

One of my hobbies is getting together and playing boardgames.

So, after one of the nights, I got accused of clogging up the ground floor shitter. I said hell no I didn't do it, I know I went shitless that night. I blamed Cliff.

Anyway, I offered to fix it, admitting no guilt, and did so on the next weekend's game night. So, the folks were playing a game and giving me shit as I fixed the problem through WEEK OLD STINK SHIT. I was yelling a series of cuss words back at them, like STFU, this is CLIFF's shit, etc. Every now and then, one or two brave souls (idiots) wanted to see how it was going and nearly puked. I warned them, but no, some people just have to stick their nose into things, and really - smell is the bad part and the puke trigger.

Afterwards, one of my friends said "God bless the plumbers."

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nobody parties like your crew. :cool:

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You came to play Battleship and ended up playing Battleshit.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

"You sank my pile o' shit!"

jlee and Vombatus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted