1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Just give me that unhealthy shit as is, no bells and whistles

2. CD Boogie

People who take pride in only reading nonfiction books, as if it's some badge of pragmatism; some comment on their commitment to manly endeavors, not childish pastimes.

Do you watch movies? Yes? Then you also enjoy fiction. What's more, when you're watching movies, you're just passively absorbing fiction, contrary to the active participation needed in reading it.

In my experience, people who only read nonfiction are the most narrow-minded people out there.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

We're all very happy for you.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Summer colds. There is no reason I should have a sore throat right now. Stinks.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it, Mr. Iwantmydoublecheeseburgerholdthecheesecutonepattyaddarugulanomayomustardonthesidecookedjustenoughtostopitrunningaway.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

Sounds delicious

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If I am paying for a meal I will order it the way I wish. Why would I want onions on it if I hate onions?

8. CD Boogie

Snowflake...

JC likes this.
  9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I can't imagine anybody only reading nonfiction.

I mean, I love to read -- in fact, lately, one of my greatest fears that I've become conscious of is getting hit with macular degeneration, that condition we've heard so much about with regard to so many people in recent years, so that I wouldn't be able to read; I almost can't imagine it, even as it scares and saddens the hell out of me. And I read a bit of nonfiction, as people can tell from my book reviews. But that isn't all I read, and even the nonfiction I read often is true-life stuff that still has something of a story-telling aspect to it.

But all straight documentary, informational, nonfiction stuff? That would be really boring.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    OscarMadison and CD Boogie like this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Plus, another thing that irks the shit out of me is wasting food.

I hate tomatoes. I'm not eating one if you put it on my burger. So, save it for the weirdos who like them.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Tomatoes are delicious. But they shouldn't be on a burger because they make everything else slide off the bun.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Point being, don't bitch about your order being made wrong by the minimum wage slappy if you have 22 alterations to what's on the menu board.

You can have it "your way" at home.

Draft saved Draft deleted