1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

My god I do not miss covering high school football. I love going to games when I'm not covering it bc of the weather and everything associated with it. But man did covering it ruin a great thing.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Mostly NYC related:

Slow walkers.

Slow walkers who walk four-across on a sidewalk.

Anyone who holds the subway door open.

People who lay on the horn. Not a "beep beep" wake-up thing. Laying on the horn for 10 seconds.

People who stand on the left side of a down escalator. That lane is for walking.

Tourists.

Trump. Anyone who lives in New York screamed that he was a two-bit con artist who is a fucking moron and does not give two shits about anyone but himself and lining his pockets. But the important voters didn't listen.

Oh, and and slow golfers. Hit the ball. You're not that good to take that long.

Also: people.

OscarMadison and cranberry like this.
  3. People who throw their cigarette butts out the window, on the ground, in the grass, in the sewer drain, anywhere but the God Damn trash can. ....
    Drivers who ride in the left lane. And Ohio drivers, (This is largely the same group of people in my neck of the woods).

Vombatus likes this.
  4. John

John Well-Known Member

The cigarette thing drives me nuts. Littering is littering, regardless of the size of the item. What a person does with his/her trash always tells you an awful lot about them.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Grunt, when I went to NYC in January, I had a friend there, and I learned very quickly that walking fast in the city and walking fast elsewhere are completely different things. We walked so fast it was damn near like running. And stand to the right going up or down the escalator.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

See? It isn't so hard to comprehend. If you want to walk slow or play with your phone or ride rather than walk up an escalator, just stay to the right.

OscarMadison and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Jordan Spieth just walked very slowly across the room, waggled 6 or 7 times, and kicked his cat.
    Like the person. Like the talent. Cannot stand to watch him play.
    If you paired him with Lee Trevino and Angel Cabrera, he would make them psychotic.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

It's a whole other level!

9. Deskgrunt50

Great player. Human rain delay.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If he comes to southern Missouri, we're completely fucked.

Chef2 and Batman like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This has probably been mentioned but the whole trend of taking pictures of the food you're eating.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Post padding going out of style.

Draft saved Draft deleted