1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

People who, when you agree to meet them at 5:30 for a social event, say, " I have been waiting for 20 minutes!" when you walk up at 5:27.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

So he can resell it to naive kids?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I can't imagine a child alive seeking out Tommy Lasorda's signature unless they get poked in the ribs by some geezer saying "Go get that guy's autograph." He might as well be the mailman to anyone under 25.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Tommy Lasorda is a despicable old clown.

5. CD Boogie

A guy here at my job was retiring after a long time with the company, a big wig, and their idea for a surprise gift? An authentic LaSorda jersey signed by him. Why? Because the guy's favorite baseball figure was Tommy LaSorda. WTF. So the powers that be here were on a wild goose chase in NYC to find an authentic LaSorda jersey. Couldn't find one. Or not one for a reasonable price anyway. Hall of Fame apparently doesn't make 'em either because no one fucking wants one. So ultimately they settled on getting a knockoff in LA, got LaSorda to sign it. But what's he do? He signs the front. So they have to track him down again, ask him to sign the back near his name. So now the thing has dual signatures. So they get it framed in a case with glass on both sides. Then they fly the thing on a private jet to a leadership conference where they present this retiring exec, a company lawyer, with the framed LaSorda jersey.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This nagging cough I've had since my cold cleared up.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

These guys are not gods, and they should be reminded of that when necessary.

"OH, YEAH? WELL, FUCK YOU, FATASS!" was sorely needed in Lasorda's case. Light that fucker up.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

This thread makes me want to ask the opposite. Do you ever yearn?

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I don't yearn, but my mom crochets.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Jemele Hill.

11. CD Boogie

that's racist and sexist

jk

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Shit. That was faker than pro wrestling.

The son of a bitch knew the cameras were on him.

Draft saved Draft deleted