1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Step siblings who steal your parent's estate.

That's what has me irked today.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Damn. How much was at stake?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Littering. I'm embarrassed sometimes to live in my area with all the trash that is everywhere.

I remember when Lou Holtz was hired at South Carolina and made a comment in his introductory presser about citizens not having enough pride to keep all the trash off the highways, and it spurred a massive cleanup effort. We could use that here.

ADanielPandR likes this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Making the dreadful mistake of watching Sports Center this morning.
    David Lloyd is on with some lady that screams incessantly. At everything.
    Anyway, Lloyd is doing the hilight of the kid from Vermont that scored last night. This lady lets out a "Awwwww".....like it was a tik-tok of a giggling baby or a newborn kitten.
    The more I think about it, the more and more Gee's black coffee, sports page and total silence morning routine sounds better and better all the time.

Neutral Corner and Flip Wilson like this.
  5. Severian

SportsCenter is on a continual decline. Only brainlets still watch that show.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

$1? $100? $10,000? How much would have to be at stake for it to matter?

I'm stunned at how quickly people put aside rational behavior and a basic sense of fairness with any bit of money at stake.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Severian

So... what was the net worth you lost in this shakedown from your step siblings?

8. ADanielPandR

ADanielPandR Member

As obvious as this may sound, it bears mentioning today: Spring Forward.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

As someone who has dealt with large estates the past two-plus years, I'm really grateful we did not get to this point. We've had a lot of ups and downs as one would expect with six beneficiaries, but thankful it's been more ups and more in overall agreement, though, yes, when lots of money is involved, it gets to be a disaster.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Spring forward is fine. As long as it's not followed by fall back and we're done.

Move the clocks ahead, and leave it there year-round.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There is nothing like a death in the family to bring out the worst in people. I've seen people clean out the dead woman's jewelry box. I've seen families devolve into decades long grudges over a crappy piece of furniture. People just lose their minds over little or nothing. I can't imagine how bad it gets when they are fighting over an estate with significant financial value.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's pretty much me. NPR Morning Edition, coffee, the morning web crawl, and watching the birds at the feeder. I usually get up an hour or two before my wife, so it's my daily quiet time.

Then I come in here and dump a dozen tweets I found interesting, lol.

OscarMadison and Vombatus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted