1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I find myself getting lazy about looking around me and relying too much on the camera

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Only had a backup camera since buying my new SUV in the fall. I really try not to rely on it, but the beeps that alert me to side dangers are most welcome

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Give that her rear bumper was at roughly eye level, the moment her back-up lights came on was scary as hell. We were at a red light when she saw a parking place to her right and decided to back up and then pull into it. I had the car in first with my foot on the clutch and my right hand on the shifter knob waiting for the light to change. Basically she was up on top of the hood before I could get my hand to the horn button. It was... unexpected.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This paragraph sounds like it could have been a badly-written letter to Penthouse from a sleazy auto mechanic telling the tale of how he worked out a payment plan with a cash-strapped female customer.

jlee, HanSenSE and misterbc like this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've been doing the same, and I suspect that it's only going to get worse. As of 2018, backup cameras are required standard safety equipment in all new cars. So within a decade or so it'll start to get hard to find a car without them. You'll also have an entire generation of drivers who will probably learn to drive using only the camera and might not even be taught to look around.

6. Neutral Corner

For about three seconds I was as terrified as I have ever been in my life.

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Now, more than ever, is a great to get off the platform.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

When I am shopping for groceries and encounter an in-aisle display, I’m tempted to charge it with my cart like some sort of raging bull, pestered to my limits by the picadores of everyday life and seeking a target on which to vent my frustrations.

I’m pretty sure that it’s a territorial sort of thing.

Perhaps I should just mark them with urine.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Just because I’ve encountered it multiple times in the past few weeks while out to eat — people who refer to avocado as “avo” or vegetables as “veg”.

10. Neutral Corner

For me, "I did it on accident" is a sore toe that gets stepped on so often that it never has a chance to heal.

You did it by accident, you nitwit.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

They should of known better.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sounds like how my Geo Prism got totalled. I was stopped at a light on and a truck Trear-ended me, pushing the nose of the car under the truck in front of me. Thank Tebow for airbags.

Draft saved Draft deleted