1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I back in whenever possible. I have this delusion that being able to drive straight out saves wear and tear on the transmission, having to shift between reverse and drive while the fluid is still cold.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

How many transmissions did you blow through before this tactical adjustment?

swingline likes this.
  3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

None. Maybe that's the reason.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I have a fellow teacher who regularly does this. I've been biting my tongue but on one particularly smelly adventure, another teacher commented how good it smelled. I about shit.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Where I work, we all back in. That’s because our office is at a park and it’s much easier to back in when it’s quiet in the morning than try to do so after 5 when there is a lot of activity going into.

The only problem is that the lines between spaces are pretty faded and it can be difficult to center if there are not other vehicles already parked to use as a guide.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I got a car with the rear view camera and backing in is the greatest benefit.

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Delete your account. You don't need it.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I would like very much to do that. But it has its moments.

If we're being honest with ourselves the election killed social media,
    just as social media killed the message board star.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I try to pull through the parking spot whenever I can. Especially in crowded parking lots, where it's easier to see what's in front of you when pulling out than keep track of cars and people that might be moving behind you in your blind spots. Not as big on the backing in, except for certain situations like that.

At our office, though, the parking spots are angled 45 degrees toward the front of the building. So if you pull through it can be an awkward left turn toward the street. Doubly so once the lot fills up a little. Back when I used to be the first one in at 6:30 every morning I'd pull all the way around and park the right way, so I could back out and be angled toward the street, while everyone else pulled through.
    People thought it was weird for some reason, and explaining why I did it only made me seem weirder to them.

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Like what? Little hits of endorphins and fun isn't worth the rest of the time supporting a platform and company that doesn't give a shit about its users.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yes, that's how diabolical the little shit is - taking advantage of a chemical vulnerability in our brains to build his poisoned realm.

Facebook was created so the nerdy Zuck could snoop on girls. Now he uses it to snoop on us.

I knew when the Like button arrived that something fishy was going on.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I once had a big Buick SUV back up onto the hood of my Miata. She said she didn't see me.

The car was equipped with a back up camera.

Draft saved Draft deleted