1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I just read this in yet another news article: "The suspect fled on foot."

No he didn't. He ran away. No one talks like that except cops.

garrow likes this.
  2. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

And when someone is involved in an accident, newspapers always say the injured "was transported" to a hospital.

"taken" couldn't be used?

SFIND likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Funny. The big thing I learned was that there are no "accidents" only crashes. Like there are no "murders" until charges are filed - they're all homocides.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

We always laughed about "rushed to a nearby hospital."
    Somebody would always say, "The injured person was casually taken to a hospital far far away."

Tweener likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Convenience fees.

I ordered tickets online to a minor league baseball game. I picked the seats, paid for parking, entered my payment information and printed the tickets yet was hit with a $6 convenience fee.

It was kinda inconvenient, waiting on the website to load, setting up an account and going across the house to get my wallet.

It would have been more convenient to buy them at the box office, where the team is actually paying someone to help me, but it was cheaper to get them online because of a discount, even with the fee.

Batman and expendable like this.
  6. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

When you're on the toilet in a decent place - university library, doctor's office, coffee shop - and the toilet paper won't roll out. Instead, it gets stopped up after like two sheets come dangling down to tantalize you, and you're in there with half your arm up the dispensing machine trying to get the god-damned roll of paper to ... you know, ROLL. Fuck, that pisses me off.

Slacker and McNuggetsMan like this.
  7. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, totally forgot Springsteen. I spent half my adult life in Jersey. Never understood what that was about.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That's why baby jesus invented socks.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This, among other totally legitimate reasons, is why I do my business in an approved home bowl. The home bowl may clog but it's familiar, comfortable and the TP is accessible.

10. Spartan Squad

A news outlet saying she team extends it's winning streak to two games. Technically it's true but for me I'm not talking streaks until three.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. Spartan Squad

Well shit

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted