1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things That Annoy You

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Nov 10, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Yeah, I love mine. I'm the kind of person who gets the itch to buy a new car every couple years, but I'd be perfectly happy keeping this car for another couple years. The only negative is there isn't a ton of space in the backseat. But I'm in a carpool with people who annoy me (coming full circle back to the thread topic), so that works out great. Cause fuck them.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

A guy I went to college with had stickers he put on cars parked that way.

"I hope you don't fuck like you park because you'll never get it in."

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

People who can't figure out how to use the self-checkout at the store.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The degenerates in my town who have apparently made it their mission to vandalize every single air pump at every single gas station, and the gas station owners who refuse to fix them.
    A few weeks ago I had a leaky tire and went to fill up. Took until the fourth gas station to find an air pump that didn't have the coin slot jammed up. About a week later, the same tire was still leaky (had a nail in it, but the leak was so slow it took the better part of a week for the tire pressure light to come on) and I went back to the gas station I'd previously filled up at. Its air hose had a leak. Remembered a freebie at a small supermarket up the road and was glad they leave the compressor on 24/7.
    Today, my tires were a few pounds low from the cold weather. Went straight to the free pump, and someone had ripped the nozzle off the hose.
    Bunch of savages in this town.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

More often, it's the self-checkout that doesn't know how to do its job.

I hear, "The weight is not correct for the item scanned" all the time when there's nothing wrong at all.

Or you buy something very lightweight, put it into the bag, and the machine tells you to "Please place product in the bag" because it can't detect that something is in the bag.

Or it says, "Help is required to purchase this product." WTF? It's a 2-liter Pepsi Max.

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Grocery stores that refuse to schedule any/enough clerks but expect customers to do that job and check themselves out.

If you don't want to pay someone $8 an hour to actually serve your customers, that's fine. But then give those customers a discount for scanning their own items, looking up the produce code for bananas and bagging their own groceries.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fart mentioned it in the first post, but people who leave their shopping carts in parking spaces, rather than walk an extra 50 feet and put it in the corral, should be forced to make a choice:
    1) Stand still while I get a running start and ram the cart into you.
    2) Watch while I ghost ride a cart into your vehicle.
    3) Have every parking spot you try to pull into for the next five years be occupied by a shopping cart.

Hate these people with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. The cart corral is, in some cases, literally two parking spaces away and they deem themselves too busy to push the cart an extra 25 feet to a secure location, thus creating not only an annoyance for everyone who crosses their path but a safety hazard as well. Those things, especially on windy days, can easily get loose and roll into traffic.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://www.walmart.com/ip/14254129?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=3

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Damn, I need to get one of those. So inexpensive and can save you a lot of time and trouble.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Basically, a very large number of people think it is acceptable to behave like a brain dead, selfish asshole from the minute they pull into the supermarket parking lot until the moment they leave.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Banks that have the combo drive-through and ATM lane, instead of an ATM-only lane.

And people in the bank drive-through who have such a complicated transaction it takes sending the whatchamacallit back and forth three or four times.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'm annoyed that the girl in 517 hasn't returned my phone calls.

Draft saved Draft deleted