1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things That Annoy You

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Nov 10, 2013.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

TSA

People who can't put down their cell phone for more than 30 seconds.

Golfers who hit a tee shot 140 yards and then wait for the green to clear on a 400-yard hole. (Actually, this only irritates me when I'm in the group immediately behind this buffoon.)

Toll roads.

2. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Local dialects. Yesterday, I heard a woman in my church say this to a 7-year-old whose art project was on display at a local business: "I seen it when I clean over to [business name]."

Supposably.

I could care less.

And I guess people in general.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

People who stand in line at a restaurant where you order at the counter, and then have no idea what they want when it's their turn to order. Have you never been to a fast-food place before? Have you never ordered a pizza before?

People who do not have their money or credit card ready, or their checkbook out and ready to pay, after standing in line. Have your money ready, dipshit.

Prius drivers. Friggin old people who don't use the gas pedal.

Drivers of pickups with toppers. They are invariably old, don't drive the speed limit, and have a dog in the lap.

And the usuals: People who talk at movies, loud cell phone talkers, people who text while crossing the street, etc.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'm down with all of that.
    Used to be called good manners.
    We have seen quite an erosion of those.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

People who can't let someone tell a story without interrupting.

I have a co-worker like that and it's maddening. Let them finish, then ask questions. I learned that in grade school.

6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Another driving one: When someone is taking a left turn, but they're in the right side of the lane, making it impossible to go around.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Lately I've noticed that a lot of things I learned in kindergarten (if not before) - how to share, how to wait your turn, how to say please and thank you - must not be taught anymore, because people don't seem to know how to do them.

Also, few drivers seem to know what "yield" means.

8. joe

joe Active Member

Politely — politely — tell that person to shut the fuck up.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

People who bitch about Monday.

People who rejoice when it's Friday. (not everyone has weekends off you fucking moron).

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is there such a thing?

The guy who owns the property next to my hunting land who decided it would be a good time to do some logging on his property in the middle of deer season. And the loggers who decided to work the tract of timber closest to my best treestand on the one weekend I could spend entirely in the woods.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Even though I've spent most of my adult life south of the Mason-Dixon line, I can't stand sweet tea. I don't even like to put sugar packet in a glass of unsweetened iced tea.

Draft saved Draft deleted