1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things not to eat while driving.......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

JR and other Canuckistanis will appreciate this: greatest driving and eating feat I ever witnessed was a trip I took to watch the ponies with my brother to the old Greenwood Raceway in Toronto. He was hungry and stopped at Swiss Chalet to get a half chicken dinner, with extra sauce, to go. He ate the whole thing while driving down the 427 and Gardiner Expressway, covering the stick shift and steering wheel with chicken, sauce, ketchup, fries, everything. Car smelled like Swiss Chalet for two days. Nothing wrong with that.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Burgers from Hardee's are impossible to eat while driving. I've never tried the little ones.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Even if by some miracle you get a Taco Bell meal down without making an unholy mess or burning exposed skin and other flammable materials, you're still going to hurt yourself (and anyone in the car with you) when you start cutting the greasiest farts known to man.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That should be an Olympic event.

I wonder if you could pull it off with one of their hot chicken sandwiches and gravy.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

He'd have a go at it.

6. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

Yes, I've tried pulling this off with a couple Monster burgers. Had to pull over to the side of the road within minutes just to finish them.

It wasn't pretty.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

My only struggle in this area is melting hard-pack ice cream. I'm a soft-serve demon. A local place here sells lemon soft serve.... gooooooood stuff.

But I can't eat Taco Bell on the road. Not a good decision.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

9. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Pinto beans, hot sauce, cheese ... I thought this story was going in an entirely different direction.

I don't know about y'all, but that would have killed me driving or no. I may not have a spastic colon, but it is a tad bit retarded.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Chicken McNuggets are the way to go if you have to eat and drive.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What about cooking up a porkgasm for the road?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The trick to eating a burrito on the road is to use the wrapper to hold the thing together. Keep the bottom of it wrapped so it doesn't squeeze out and get all over you.

Draft saved Draft deleted