1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things in movies that really bug you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Apr 30, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As for sports movies, how about when the fans storm the field or court and always form a semicircle around the leads to make sure the camera can get the proper shot.
    Or scenes of fans with pennants on sticks. Don't know when I last saw a fan with a pennant on a stick walking around. The same goes for balloons.
    And anytime reporters show up at a scene, it seems they're treated like royalty when in reality they're mostly treated like a stinky turd.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When a whole bunch of toys are released weeks before the movie comes out. Growing up, they would put the toys out if the movie was a big hit. Now, the movie is just a 11/2 hour toy commerical.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'll take bad moves for $500, Alex.

WC must have seen an uptick in biz (esp. from tourists) the past four years.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Not just a movie, but TV as well: When the action doesn't match up. They'll show a woman from the front, talking to someone, and her hair is behind her shoulders. Then they cut to a side shot and her hair is over one shoulder. Cut back to the front view and it's behind her shoulders again. Or she'll have her purse, then not have it, then have it again.

Drives me batshit crazy.

5. Simon_Cowbell

And that is why two minutes in a movie takes a full day to film.

6. Commercials!

The commercials before the movie starts. The commercials between the previews and the actual movie.

7. The gun cocking thing gets on my nerves too.

Most recently I was bothered by I am Legend.

At the end where the one monster kept smashing into the plexiglass... So that dude can keep running into the glass over and over again with no injury - until it smashes, yet Will Smith can knock out one of them with one blow from the butt of his gun (when he captured his test subject)?
    Drove me nuts.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And they still fuck it up that badly?

i can't remember the last show or movie I saw in which I didn't see something that didn't match up.

9. Simon_Cowbell

I would guess that the movies you are referencing have a chance to do about three takes with a spare crew that is strapped to perfect continuity.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of the times I saw the South Park movie, there was a group of kids that couldn't be older than six sitting a few rows behind me...

I think they stayed about 10 minutes. We all screamed at the parent as she left.

"What part of "Rated R" didn't you understand?"

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

In the old Superman TV show: The villain shoots at Superman's chest six times. Superman stands tall and the shots bounce off. The villain, out of bullets, throws the gun at Superman's head. Superman ducks.

Wha?

12. Simon_Cowbell

Wow.
    Never thought about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted