1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things in movies that really bug you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That completely ruined Castaway for me... I could not get past it. It also bothered me a lot in Transformers.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it just totally ruined Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

3. Mizzougrad96

That didn't bother me... Completely different... And good for them for using White Castle and not McDonald's....

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Asshole kids in the row in front of me who text message during the whole damn movie. Turn your fucking cellphones off or get the fuck out.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That also happened in Wayne's World. And it was pretty funny too.

6. dooley_womack1

Um, joke.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

When directors feel the need to insert themselves into the movie. Hello, M. Night Shyamalan!

Though, their friends (Adam Sandler's) or their family members (Ron Howard's) doesn't bug me.

I know, I don't get the logic, either.
    ;)

8. dooley_womack1

Not doing that would have made Rocky and Unforgiven, for two, a pair of whole different movies.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Screwing with the facts . . . when you do not really need to.

Eight Men Out: Charles Comiskey did not screw Eddie Cicotte out of his "30 win" bonus in 1919. He stiffed him in 1917.

Apollo 13: Jim Lovell's crew did not bump Alan Shepard's for the Apollo 13 spot because of Shepard's inner-ear disorder. Shepard's crew was bumped to Apollo 14 because he needed more time to get up to speed, since he had not flown in 10 years.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'd like to know just what FedEx paid to get constantly fellated in Cast Away . . . any guesses?

11. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

The one thing that bothers me is when they wet down the streets when they're doing scenes with cars driving at night. Especially when the plot makes it obvious that there hasn't been any rain or if the street is wet but nothing else is.

I know it's for the visual of all the lights reflecting, but it's so noticable.

12. Mizzougrad96

I'm guessing FedEx paid upwards of $10 million and it wouldn't surprise me if it was twice that... Maybe the same for Wilson...

I read somewhere a few years back that the two biggest bidding wars are usually to be the car in a Bond film and the sunglasses that Tom Cruise wears (this was pre meltdown).

Draft saved Draft deleted