1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I probably shouldn't say out loud: I like Darius Rucker's country music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, May 2, 2009.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I have always loved Darius Rucker's voice. Cracked Rear View was a tremendous album. And radio sucks so bad. Seriously, the gigantic conglomerates that own most of the stations destroyed it. If Cracked Rear View came out today, it would NOT be played, unless it was put out by an Idol winner.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

And, yeah, I like the one country song of his that I downloaded.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Now that I've scrolled through this thread, I want to listen to that album again. Arguably one of the best of the 1990s.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Escoveda's altest album is fucking great. And you can throw an all-time stud like Joe Ely into this mix too.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone who went to college in the mid-90s who doesn't believe CRV is the soundtrack to those years is a liar.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Such a simple country mouse. :D

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Blow it out your ass, Radioactive Boy. You were playing with Matchbox cars in 1995...which is sad, since you were in high school, but still. :D

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that. And I prefer Hootie's version of "White Christmas" to Nat King Cole's. Basically, anything Hootie's done, I've liked it -- even his country music.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

anyone ever give a listen to Smattered, Smothered and Covered, Hootie's album of covers?
    just freaking fantastic.
    I always thought that Hootie was that college cover band that was locally popular for a few years, have a reputation for putting on a great show that rocked out fratnerity houses across the South and then, one day, they record an album that suddenly shoots to the top.
    And I'm familiar with the new Son Volt but it hasn't been purchased yet.

10. 1. cover another little league game
    2. cover another pee-wee football game
    3. listen to my new jonas brothers CD
    4. sidebar at little league game
    5. whine that i don't like facebook anymore :(
    6. oh boy, fantasy draft time!
    7. cover 10-year-old travel team girls soccer tournament quarterfinal
    8. column on little league game
    9. dream about what my first date will be like

i'll let you fill in the other 99,991

seriously, what's with the attitude? you really waste this much energy hating anonymous people on a message board?

what's the point?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't hate anybody, sport. I get sick of you spreading your dourness everywhere though. So if a guy who fancies himself the humor and cool police thinks something sucks, it's a pretty good idea it's funny and cool. And if you think something's funny or cool, it's a pretty good idea it's not.

Cool that you read my posts on other threads though and save them for later reference. At least I'm not the obsessive one here.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

99,990 -- Beat off to Night Ranger
    1 -- Beat off when Alexi Casilla steals a base

Draft saved Draft deleted