1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Learned this Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I have yet to make it through the first one. I'm not some sort of anti-blockbuster Hollywood spectacle film snob. I love watching loud stupid movies as much as the next person. But the first PotC puts me to sleep within 45 minutes. Guaranteed!

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I didn't particularly care for #1 either (and believe it or not, last Christmas Day we watched #2), but this was excrutiating.
    I can't believe it was one of the top grossing movies of 2007.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

That watching "It's A Wonderful Life" for the first time since I was little, the movie finally made sense to me.

That venison cutlets, breaded and deep fried in olive oil, are just yummy.

That I hate having a messy house.

That it was nice to spend time with my family, without having to discuss wedding plans.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not to whine, but I learned my family has no clue who I am, what I do or what I care about. Jesus. I try to put some thought into gifts, really go out of my way to find something that will really mean something to folks. My fam? Not so much. I must be a fucking caricature to them. So fucking depressing.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My best friend and I would eat our Christmas turkey a little early, then jet to Motown and get there just after kickoff and sit wherever we wanted.

Draft saved Draft deleted