1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I Learned this Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Dec 26, 2007.

1. I learned once again that Christmas has lost any sense of the true value it's supposed to uphold. Thankfully, it's over.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

I learned there is joy in watching a three year old open her presents. But I also remembered how much I love my childless peace and quiet when the server was too busy to register her netkin or whatever the fuck it is called.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The electronic Life game is a helluva lot of fun.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

I learned I AM smarter than a fifth-grader ... went right through the million dollar question twice while kicking my niece's (16 year old) and nephew's (12) butts playing the DVD game.

I also learned not to attempt Guitar Hero .. leaving that to the kids.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Kudos on at least trying Guitar Hero ... I know it's the most popular game on the planet right now, but I have no interest.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I did not try it.. I watched my nephew and niece do it. My brother-in-law and I looked at each other and said No Way!

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, how proud you must be.

:D

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

There must be something I'm not (or not caring to) getting with this Guitar Hero thing. If I wanted to learn the guitar, I'd get a guitar.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Things I learned:

80s Trivial Pursuit is a lot tougher than I thought.

My in-laws are not into "A Christmas Story" like my family

Wii is a cool thing. Too bad it's very unrealistic. I beat my brother-in-law at golf by 40 strokes and I got a hole in one. Then my wife delivered a third-round TKO in our boxing match. Like I said, cool but unrealistic (OK, the boxing part may be a tad realistic :) ).

The DDR dance game thingamajig actually is cool stuff. I may be a goofy white boy with two left feet, but I can move a little on that game!

I really don't care too much for the Chiefs games when they really suck. Didn't get mad once the entire game.

Many people who claim themselves as "Christians" don't bother with Christmas services.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I really like Grandma's Boy. A lot.

11. Yeah. LA over Phoenix 122-115, Kobe gets 38.
    Such a drag.
    The kneejerk anti-NBA sentiment here is so last decade.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey, she doesn't want to hear how bad she is, she should get better.

Draft saved Draft deleted