1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things I do that I find offensive in others ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Jan 19, 2011.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

One thing always funnier than a nice boots reference? A post about said reference in which the poster knows nothing of our anal-friendly cohort.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, how I long for someone to have "anal-friendly cohort" as their epitaph.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Little white lies. Why tell them?

But I do.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That has to be the next handle a sock puppet picks

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Thought of one while at the pool today with lil' CI. I hate dads who are the overly playful types, always demonstrative with the other kids and their own.

Yet I do it all the time; I'm way playful and crazy with kids at the pool.

Maybe I roll my eyes at others because I think they're doing it to get attention or win points. I know I'm doing it because I want the kids to have a good time.

Not logical or right, just how I feel.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Swearing.

Judging others and being overly critical.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Become rude.

8. Masturbating on airplanes

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

:(
    Thanks a lot Osama Bin Laden.

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I cannot stand when people in the newsroom complain about their computer running slow, but I whine about my computer to co-workers every day. Sometimes I dramatically pound my fist on my desk if it's not responding fast enough. When other people do the same thing, I totally think to myself how big a baby they are.

11. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

I know it's more than a bit disgusting, but I inherited both parents farting ability. Dad had the sound and fury and mom ... well, she had the silent fury. She could clear a room like no other. And then blame it on the goddamn cats. It's a bit sad, because if I died tomorrow, one thing friends could all agree upon as I lie there in my casket was my prolific ability to cut the cheese. I wouldn't be surprised if stories were exchanged. "Goddamn, there was this one time in Vegas, and Wedgewood damn near killed me. No, I'm not exaggerating. Now I know how the Kurds feel." Assholish as I can be when gassy (in the company of insiders of course) for some reason my brother John's flatuence is beyond offensive. He takes after Dad.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to post mine here but, hey, there are already two about farts so why not make it three?

I hate when other people fart in the gym. Yet, me? Yeah, I farted all the time at the gym, especially on the treadmill and when doing situps. They're never loud, they rarely stink (while at the gym anyway, regularly I could clear a sinus infection) but the fact that I have no problem doing it and yet it disgusts me when others do it is just odd.

Draft saved Draft deleted