1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things college football teams should NEVER do

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 10, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Before we get too far afield on this, it wasn't as if Georgia led 41-0 and took out all its defensive starters. The game was in doubt until Missouri''s quarterback imploded in the fourth quarter.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yes but the game was in Mizzou and they were the ones doing the chirping. It wasn't like they said 'The SEC is a challenge and we're going to be fired up for our first game in the a new conference.' They talked shit and lost.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Maybe by people trying to predict the outcome of the game, but not by those trying to predict gambling patterns.

4. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Yes, they did run their mouths. Thus, it makes for a good candidate for inclusion on this thread.

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Gators are known for their affinity for jorts.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. South Carolina State and Sam Houston.Eff everything.

That said, I think La Tech and SMU are both decent non-cons for an A&M team still trying to figure out the SEC and Sumlin/Kingsbury's system. Now, if two FCS teams are on there in 2014 or so? Yeesh

7. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I agree La. Tech and SMU aren't exactly Little Sisters of the Poor or anything like that. SMU is on the upswing and La. Tech isn't that bad. I think you can find a balance between scheduling all top-25 teams for your non-conference and scheduling cupcakes.

Draft saved Draft deleted