1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thierry Henry set to leave Arsenal for Barcelona

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=440831&cc=5901

4 years, 32 mil.

Ronaldinho, Messi, and now Henry. Wow.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Get a chance to play with Ronaldinho. Smart move.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Good news for Chelski, Liverpool and Man U.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'd also say better news for Tottenham, Bolton and Everton -- the three teams that finished behind Arsenal in the standings.

I shouldn't be surprised, considering Henry wasn't happy about David Dein leaving or the youth movement. Regardless, this Gunners fan -- who spent a good year hearing how Henry was happy with Arsenal, how London was his home, etc -- isn't thrilled. Not the least of which being the fact they sold him for way, waaaay too cheap. That transfer fee should have been doubled.

Guess that means Samuel Eto'o isn't staying in Barcelona.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Good news for Chelsea, Liverpool and the rest of the league other than Man U. Man U won the league by Thanksgiving in '06-07.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

This might make Barca more willing to let Eto'o go.

EDIT: Not that he wants to go, but they might be willing to sell him.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Actually, this is the domino effect. By moving one, you make the other expendable.

However, and this is the big deal, most of these guys make so much money that there are only a few teams that could take them on and not be over-burdened.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Even with Henry, I don't think Arsenal would have challenged next season. They really have to make some big signings now.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I've got to figure out how to move this to sportsjournalists.uk

Draft saved Draft deleted