1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thick as Samantha Brick

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

When I was in high school, we had one of those Diversity Day! assemblies where people of various races/orientations speak to the student body about their experiences, primarily what it feels like to be discriminated against. This being the Rocky Mountain West, most of us had never seen either a Jewish person or a black person. So, for the most part, we were pretty receptive listening to them speak about what it was like deal with ignorant people. A person in a wheelchair also spoke, and moved a lot of people to tears. Then, to close the assembly, a former Miss America contestant spoke about how hard it was to grow up pretty, and how teachers in college regularly discriminated against her because of how beautiful she was, and how they clearly hated beauty queens. For the most part, she tried to keep it a secret that she was in the Miss America pageant one year, but it was hard, because often wanted to know if she had ever modeled, and she felt it was unfair to have to keep her past a secret.

Needless to say, it was a stunning example of courage by the ex-beauty queen to share her remarkable story. We Shall Overcome. The Iraq, and such as.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Wonder which stable they took that photo at...

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nice teeth?

4. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Not hot at all, although everyone's tastes are different. But to write that article - unbelievable conceit.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Forget the nice part. She has teeth! I can see why British men are constantly throwing themselves at her.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I prefer when they don't have teeth.

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

I simply cannot understand the hatred being spewed here. Beautiful people are people, too! Fight the power! Stop drinking that haterade! I am willing to stand up for hotties everywhere!

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I see a role for you in romantic comedies as the supportive friend who never gets any.

Draft saved Draft deleted