1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They're not earworms, but...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, May 9, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

... They're the songs you just can't get out of your head.

For the uninitiated, an earworm is that song you just can't stand that plays ... in ... your ... head and makes you just want to scream! This thread isn't about those. This thread is about those songs (for the most part, songs you like or absolutely can't get enough of) that are on repeat in your head.

They don't have to be because you've heard the song that day. They don't have to be because you've heard the song at a key moment. They're just playing in your head for whatever reason.

List 'em here.
  2. forever_town

I'll start.

"Tangled Up In Blue" -- Bob Dylan
  3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

D_B'hmian Rhapsody by Queen

4. forever_town

Notice, I said this WASN'T for earworms. "Worst songs to have stuck in your head" are what I call earworms. This is just songs that are stuck in your head. They can be the worst. They can be the best. They can be anywhere in between.
  5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Say Anything - Alive With The Glory Of Love
  6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

oh yes. I can see where this is much different and worth its own thread. My bad.
  7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Fixed. Just to be sure. :D
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

By Mennen
  9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Some things, you don't need the blue font... the sarcasm just writes itself...
  11. pallister

pallister Guest

Now I have that song stuck in my head. Thanks a lot, jerk. :)

Actually, that's my favorite Tim McGraw song. Of course, it's a very short list.
  12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

the one that's been stuck in my head alot lately ....

Bob Dylan's "When the Night Comes Falling From the Sky" - the alternate version found on the Bootleg Series, where his backing band includes E Street Band members Roy Bittan and Steve Van Zandt, not the officially released version on Empire Burlesque.
Draft saved Draft deleted