1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They're Making Me Go To Rehab

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Cowherd spent a good portion of his show lauding him. Said Bayless had inside info, talked to people and was brave enough to make this conclusion on air.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am trying to figure out what else he has been doing right. Help me out here.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You mean pictured with a rolled up bill shouldn't have been a concern?

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Mr. Cowboy isn't a real person, Poin.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

FTFY

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

AA has a 12-question process to decide if you need their help: Alcoholics Anonymous : Is A.A. For You? Twelve questions only you can answer

I bet at least five apply to Johnny Football. Four yesses mean you should seek help.

Besides any of that, the drinking appears to be affecting his livelihood. That alone means he should stop.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I definitely think he should probably stop/slow down to a trickle. I'm just wondering whether he has a partying problem rather than a substance abuse problem.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Is 11 of 12 a problem?

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Not sure the difference -- if there is one at all -- is significant.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Have you ever switched from one kind of drink to another in the hope that this would keep you from getting drunk?"

Nope. It's Booker's or nothing for me. Go hard or go home, baby. #InTheClear

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I heard that this morning and I wanted to vomit. Bayless wasn't "brave" for putting it out there that Manzel has a drinking problem, he wanted to say something shocking for the audience. Bayless got the scoop on everyone by reporting it. Good on ya Skipper for reporting a rumor that turned out to be true, but it wasn't brave. If other people had the same info, as Cowherd claimed, I think it must have been real shaky info if they didn't go with it before/at the same time as Bayless. Either that, or no one gave a damn.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My current score is 0/12 but when I was drinking fairly heavily, I was yes on six of those questions.

Some of those are a fairly low bar to climb.

Draft saved Draft deleted