1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They're chanting my name (at 3:45)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Also, this Missouri caucus was a complete clusterf**k. They threatened people with arrest for using recording devices.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm political dumb, so forgive me...what the fuck is going on in that video?

3. Point of Order

Republican caucus in Missouri. They are in chaos because they switched from a primary to a caucus and they are very unskilled at running a caucus. And the subtext, Ron Paul supporters are tyring to use the system to get delegates for Paul and the non-Paul supporters are trying to keep them in check. At this particular caucus site police had to clear the gym and send everyone home so no delegates were awarded and it's still a big cluster as to what they are going to do. Democracy in action.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Funny how the English language works. When I read the title, I saw the word "chanting" as "changing" which then made the "3:45" seem to me a time on the clock.

5. Whatwhat

Whatwhat New Member

Romney has already mathematically clinched the Republican nomination. Why are they still running caucuses/primaries?

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Just to fuck with you.

7. Point of Order

Your premise is incorrect. It's quite possible GOPers will enter the convention without anyone having mathematically clinched the nomination.

8. Whatwhat

Whatwhat New Member

Romney's up by like 200 delegates. It's a foregone conclusion he'll be the GOP's choice.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

You have gonorrhea. Your argument is invalid.

10. Point of Order

Well, since you say so, it's a mathematical certainty. ::)

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/introducing-the-romney-magic-numbers-calculator/

11. Whatwhat

Whatwhat New Member

Does he just need a plurality to be the candidate?

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

No. Without the correct number of delegates, the nomination automatically goes to Chipper Jones.

Draft saved Draft deleted