1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They went to jail ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, May 14, 2008.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

... and into TV/cultural history 10 years ago today.

[​IMG]

I'm feeling a little older this morning.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

... and disappointed a nation with their lackluster glorified clips-show finale.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Yeah, that too.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

IJAG will be busy slamming her head into her desk for a bit.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

It was only a matter of time.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I, for one, didn't find the finale all that bad. It was nice to be able to weave a lot of the supporting characters back into the show--especially since these characters were so integral to the show's success. And having some of the final lines of dialogue link to the original episode was a nice touch.

Not sure if there is a good way to end a show about nothing. And considering the hype at the time, any final episode was destined to fall short of expectations.

I know I'm in the minority on this one. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

A tremendous show that still holds up, a decade later.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The finale was designed so Seinfeld could say "Helllo, NEWMAN" one last time. All in all, pretty silly finale, a show about randomness ending with telegraphed moves left and right.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I haven't seen more than three episodes of Seinfeld in their entirety. Just never became "must see TV" for me (please, don't shoot). So at least there hasn't been any new stuff in 10 years to go flying over my head.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Didn't see the fascination then, don't see it now.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's the prototypical New York show. Just four people dealing with random idiocy--mostly of their own making, albeit--on a daily basis.

12. I hated that show.
    Start to finish.
    Stem to stern.
    That it didn't end like Braveheart did for those dipshits was the final disappointment.

Draft saved Draft deleted