1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They should definitely allow guns in NFL stadiums

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 12, 2015.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Use promo code 'trendy'.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I'm sure his family will be comforted in the fact that the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment are alive and well.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Has there been any further information out there about how this all went down? There was that early, brief, report that bystanders were egging the gunman on. But other than that, I haven't seen much in the way of details.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

From the Morning News (Man shot at AT&T Stadium Sunday night dies after being taken off life support):

The man shot Sunday night in the AT&T Stadium parking lot after the Dallas Cowboys game died Wednesday night after being taken off life support.

Arlington police said Rick Sells, 43, was shot once in the neck while trying to break up a fight and was taken to the hospital in critical condition. He died about 8:45 p.m. at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Every so often there will be a fight recorded on someone's phone that is uploaded to the interwebs, and invariably people will comment, "Why isn't someone trying to break it up?"

Unless its my family or friends, FUCK NO.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

So, how does one mesh the idea that bystanders were egging the shooter on with the idea that the victim was breaking up a fight? And I have been to many NFL games, and I have yet to attend one where I didn't see at least one fight. And I've always kept my distance or gone the other way. Break it up? No, thanks.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Oh sure, now it's in Arlington. [/doctorquant]

doctorquant likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted