1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They scored HOW MANY POINTS?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I was play-by-play typist for a CFL team one of the years they had teams south of the border. With 20 seconds between plays and no-huddle offenses, I damn near developed carpal tunnel by halftime of the first game.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Almost as bad as some of the basketball teams that started going "up-tempo" back in the early 1990s while the poor saps on press row were still using a 1970s typewriter to do play-by-play.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have this image of a guy getting up with a few minutes left in the first quarter to go to the bathroom or get a drink. While he's gone, he misses TDs scored with 1:40, :40 and 0:00 on the clock.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Quick: Name the former NFL QB who was an assistant at West Texas A&M......

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

That would be the great Ryan Leaf.

That didn't end well, as I recall.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The person on the stat crew keeping track of tackles had an easy day.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Didn't West Texas A&M used to be West Texas State?

A ton of players there became pro wrestlers, including Dory Funk Jr. and Terry Funk, Tully Blanchard (QB), Tito Santana, Frank Goodish (Bruiser Brody), Dusty Rhodes, Ted DiBiase and Stan Hansen.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's an impressive list.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Mercury Morris is probably the most famous West Texas State football alum. Mo Cheeks played basketball there.

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Friend of mine covered a prep 8-man football game last Friday with an 86-22 final score. It was 74-0 after one quarter. Here's the kicker: the losing team was 7-0 when the night started.

11. mr.westerberg

mr.westerberg Member

The West Texas QB, Dustin Vaughan, will get an NFL opportunity. A big guy (6-5, 220) with a strong arm. He has thrown six TD passes in a game three times this season.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

74-0? After one quarter? Sweet Jesus.

Draft saved Draft deleted