1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They say that breaking up is hard to do.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Dec 7, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Batman wins.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Looking back and thinking hard, there might have been a few signs that the relationship was heading south. But to this day I still have no idea what it was that made her completely close me off like that.
    Like Angola said, though, at least I've met the woman of my dreams and am happy now. Makes that whole ordeal almost comical. I mean, she was like a supervillain. I defeat her, she goes away for a while and then reappears with some new and sinister plan to make me miserable.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's what most ex's do, good sir. That's what they do.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Mine is nowhere as horrific as Batman's. That woman was fucking evil.

My senior year of college I dated of all things a fraternity boy. Anyone who knows me knows this is bizarre. In fact, I sent my best friend to formal with him because I could neither afford the trip to Windsor nor could I stand to be around the other girlfriends for 3 days.

So the weekend before I graduate, his fraternity has a huge party. He doesn't invite me. I find out about it through the grapevine, and I don't think I'm all that bothered by it. After all, I was spending most of the weekend with my girlfriends who are all moving to different parts of the country, and I'm not sure if we'll ever be all in the same place again.

However, I show up at the party after the bars had closed, drunk (I mean, duh). I walk in and ask where Greg is, and all the brothers kind of look at each other and mumble. One of the other girlfriends (the only other non-Greek one, FWIW) says, "He's in the living room."

So I go into the living room, followed closely by the other girlfriend. There's Greg, with some skinny (I mean like size 0-skinny) girl with badly bleached blonde hair in his lap. I took long enough to register that she was wearing the same color nail polish as me before throwing a candle at the wall right above their head, screamed a few obscenities and was hauled out of the room by his Big.

Over the summer, we got back together after I moved to Indiana to start a job. He was still in school, and was gonna join me after he graduated, but the next January (like a 2 weeks after we got engaged at Christmas), I caught him cheating again, and with the same skanky blonde girl, and that was the official end.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I have a couple good ones...

In college, I dated a guy who was going to school a little more than three hours away from me. We saw each other every weekend, which for me meant, a lot of driving even when we did meet at his parent's house halfway between the two of us.

Things were amazing. Then, a fun-filled stress week at school where I snapped at him more than once. The next weekend, he decided we should just date allowing us to see other people. The only problem? I refused to see anyone else and figured he was doing the same, but I knew he had an ex-girlfriend at school with him whom he continued a friendship with.

Spring break comes and I decide to spend the entire week with him. I actually cheated on him the week before, but it was one kiss and I decided it best not to tell him. So I'm driving down, call him and he's with the ex getting ice cream or lunch or something. As I got into town, I called again...no answer. I called a couple more times...no answers again. Finally, I pull into his parking lot and he calls back and says he wasn't getting service in his apartment or something. Fair enough. I'm young and naive. First couple of days that week were great. Then we had a rough one. We hadn't spent more than two days together before so it was understandable that we might have a couple arguments here or there. Day four was amazing. I mean, it was probably the best day we'd ever had together.

The last day I was there, we were supposed to go to a concert with some friends and then a couple parties after. He was 21 and I was only 20, so some of the parties were out, but others were still a go. He got a call early that morning from the ex, asking him to help her move. He says he's going to help move a couple of boxes and he'll be home. I wake up four hours later, and he's still gone. I call: no answer. Two hours later, he calls back and says ex's mom was in town and the two of them couldn't do the move alone so he was helping and he'd be home in an hour.

Two hours later, he shows up. The first words out of his mouth, "I'm going to say something mean right now and it's probably going to hurt you." word for word. He breaks it off. Our friends call and I'm basically hysterical. First serious relationship and all that. So for some reason, we decide to go to the concert together, even though we broke up. After, he goes to one of the 21 and over parties alone and leaves me at home. Says he'll be home at midnight. While he's gone, I do my best to pull it together and figure we can have one fun last night together, figuring this is the last time I'll ever see the kid.

At 2, he shows up...with the ex, who I'd never met, but turned out to be a skank. I ended up sleeping on the couch, with him in the bedroom...fucking her. All my stuff is in the bedroom, so I can't just turn around and leave. Finally, at 6 a.m., I pound on the door to get my stuff and get the fuck out of dodge. He doesn't answer. I called him 10 times in a row before he finally answered the phone screaming at me. I tell him to open the fucking door and let me get my stuff.

He walks me down to my car as I'm leaving, tries to give me a hug and kiss, which I push away, and tell me that it will be OK and that we'll probably continue dating. I tell him to fuck off. I get in my car, drive away, and haven't been back to that town since.

Then there's the guy who got arrested while we were dating for stealing money from his mom to buy drugs...got drunk a couple nights later and told my best friend that he loved her. I kicked him to the curb online the next week.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What a fucking stool. Here's to eventual herpes. ...

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Hmm ... which story should I tell? The one that involves the restraining order? Or the one that involves the fiancee who came out of the closet? Or the one that involves the long-lost high school sweetheart who was fucking three other girls? Or the one where he killed our cat? All my relationships seem to end spectacularly.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

E. All of the above.

:D

9. Damn, spup, I think yours is the worst. The cooler you were, the more he stuck it to you.

Figuratively.

What an ass. I hate men.

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I swear when I first read it I thought it said junior high school, not junior in hig school. The screwing like mad bit disturbed me for a second.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

One at a time, Cadet, one at a time.

We've got plenty of time here.

12. joe

joe Active Member

Cadet wins. Without details.

Draft saved Draft deleted