1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They ran WHAT?!?!?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 18, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

how experienced is the coach? was he roped into coaching? just promoted from JV coach?

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

3rd or 4th year at this school.....coached at another school for 3 or 4 years also.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

God, I saw a Class A game like that a few years ago. Near halftime, the game 7-6 visitors ... home team had run the midline option all night and couldn't be stopped ... said coach had first-and-goal on the 2 and called a pass play. QB was sacked, time ran out, team ended up losing by one.

I couldn't help but violate press box sanctity by cussin' at what I had just witnessed. But what the hell? Everyone else was cussin' too.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I don't think I like a fullback running on third down from 5 yards out.

The whole defense is compressed and "in the box"

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

WHAT?!?!?!?!? [/chef]

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

But........you're giving yourself more options if you run it, and even if you're short........you've still got fourth down.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Well, yeah, every time a team passes, of the four main possible results, only one is good.

So... never pass again?

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

And this was copy and pasted directly from his gamer. Yikes Chef, put down the pom-poms next time you churn out a 12-incher.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And we give a shit because?

10. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

I'm guessing there was a substantial wager somewhere on this game.

Draft saved Draft deleted