1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They may take our jobs, but they'll never take... our Hooters!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rusty Shackleford, Nov 5, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think it's the idea of Hooters. The cheeky name, the idea that men will go there because they are scumbags wanting to ogle women more than anything else. That waitresses are encouraged to flirt with customers to upsell them. And that 12-year-old boys think it's great says a lot.
    Is it relatively harmless? Probably.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Savages and riots? No. But it can get pretty rowdy. Like I said, not at this particular bar/restaurant, but other places around town for sure. For a variety of reasons. Some military guys (and locals to be sure) put on their Affliction t shirts for a UFC fight and think that automatically transforms them into Brock Lesnar. Not all of them, certainly. But it only takes a couple. Other times, regular dipshit locals get offended when more than 3 military guys are in the bar at once and instigate shit. Don't ask me why. People are shitheads, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

When I go to Panama City Beach, Fla., for my summer vacation, have a habit of avoiding chains with the exception of two:

1) Margaritaville at Pier Park. View of the gulf. Like the music. Plus, I don't know of the closest Margaritaville to Louisville/Fort Knox without looking it up. None that close to where I live.

2) Hooters. Right on the beach. Eat on the deck a short steps from the sand. We would usually go on that Sunday evening and catch the start of Sunday Night Baseball. And with it still being summer, you could get in a couple of innings before the sun went down.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Kinda cool.

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Our favorite place to dine when vacationing at the Redneck Riviera is Pineapple Willie's. It's not the greatest place we've ever been, it's just more a family tradition to go at least once. That, and this little Mexican place on the main drag in Gatlinburg.

Draft saved Draft deleted