1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They may take our jobs, but they'll never take... our Hooters!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rusty Shackleford, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Oregon prep coach fired for refusing to change the location of a team celebration to someplace other than Hooters. Coach refused to back down because he says he teaches his players to "stand up for what they believe in." Apparently he really believes in hooters.... errr, Hooters.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/05/3732796/oregon-school-coach-fired-for.html

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He has a career waiting for him as Richie Incognito's life coach.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hooters is the JV for Scores

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's also apparently become more of a family restaurant.

http://www.today.com/moms/why-i-let-my-kids-eat-hooters-8C11337221

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

A woman I know told me she is planning a surprise birthday party for her about-to-be-17-year-old son and wanted to know if I thought Hooters would be a good place to have it.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Worst buffalo wings I've ever had came from Hooters.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I find the entire Hooter's experience to be overrated. The food sucks and the waitresses are no better or worse than your average local sports bar's waitress.

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

They just wear tighter clothes and shorter shorts.

9. LongTimeListener

Hooters used to have very good wings, maybe not the best but certainly up there, but since they've gone this marketing route their food has gotten awful.

10. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Had a woman editor one time who issued a mandate that any meal eaten at Hooters while on newspaper's expense account would not be reimbursed.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I once had a co-worker complain (in the reply-all method that's way too fucking popular these days) after another co-worker sent out an e-mail that linked to a bunch of Veterans Day discounts. Seems innocent enough, right? Well, one of the participating restaurants was Hooters. She didn't take too kindly to that and requested that she not be involved in any future e-mails that included Hooters, which she found/finds degrading to women.

I'll never delete that e-mail.

12. LongTimeListener

You should invite her to the Tilted Klit, er, Kilt.

Draft saved Draft deleted