1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

They killed 'Deadwood' for this?!?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Jun 5, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Needless to say, SFGate's Tim Goodman is not pleased with "John From Cincinnati."

I was wavering whether to watch it or not, but even the preview clips didn't jump out at me.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The main thing that jumped out at me from the preview following the Sopranos: Al Bundy looks like he's 70 freaking years old. :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Not really on topic, but thanks for reminding me that I wanted to program my TiVo to record Flight of the Concords.

4. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

You might want to program it to record Flight of the Conchords if you're interested in the new HBO show.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That sounds like as bad a band name as the Oneders.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll watch it before I pass judgment, but the previews aren't the best...

HBO is usually as reliable as they get, but they did put out that Lisa Kudrow show and the terribly overrated "Extras"

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Cocksuckers

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

That's HBO's self-appointed job: to bring out shows that'd never have a chance on regular tv, ala "The Comeback" and "Extras."

I thoroughly enjoyed the comeback. The pain in watching it was its beauty.

On "John," I understand that HBO's disappointed with it, as well and has cut back on the number of eps they've ordered.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

How about a link, eh? Or should I jump in my Charlie Kauffman-inspired Being (John) Lantaur machine to see what you're reading?

I'll give the show a chance. A few critics thought Big Love wasn't much good when it first started, and I enjoyed the hell out of it by the end of the season. Plus, it's much easier to get in on a show from the ground floor. I never gave Six Feet Under a chance when it first started, and now the prospect of watching six seasons is just too daunting.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Hang in there with 6FU.

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Whoops, thought I included the link ... here it is:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=24&entry_id=17216

12. Msaint

Msaint Member

"Ladies and gentlemen....the Oh-Needers!"

Draft saved Draft deleted