1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

These folks better have a good sense of humor; or, Whitlock burns many bridges

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by wisportswriter, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Yeah, I'm sure Lupica is chuckling about that ... Um, yeah. ... Sure.

2. Editude

Editude Active Member

It's just so ... unimportant. How does that level of writing/reporting(?) merit a full-time job at survivable-plus wages, but dozens of people are laid off each quarter at sustenance-level shops, with few hopes of another gig?

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Remember when Jason used to post here under his own name? One minute he'd be your buddy, the next he'd turn on you.

Good times.

Oh and Jason, it's "The Cheetah," not "Cheetah's." Good grief, do the place the honor of getting it right.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

oh, mikey knows, all right. doesn't mean he's got any sense of humor about it. when's the last time you ever read a self-deprecating line from him regarding his size? i'll tell you the exact date:

THE FIRST ON NEVER.

so he's not laughing over this. piece of shit column nonetheless.

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

If you have a sense of humor, the column is a waste of time. Not funny, not clever.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Unimportant is right. And less.

7. I can't stand any of his subjects, but can you quote me a single one that came off as in any way funny?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He'd be good on Big Brother.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The very thought of this makes me giggle maniacally. Can we make it happen? Somehow?

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I roll my eyes as Jason Whitlock continues to ruin the name of sports journalism with garbage like this.

Try something crazy once in a while, Jason: serve your readers. Average sports fan cares little about anything in that column outside sex scandals and Oprah.

11. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

I clicked on it figuring it couldn't be as bad as you all said.

Turned out it was even worse than you all said.

I apologize for clicking on it.

12. GRUDGE

GRUDGE Member

I don't get the hate on Whitlock. I have met him on three occasions at major events and have never found him to be anything, but a nice guy. Not calling any of you liars, simply saying I haven't seen it.

Draft saved Draft deleted